Sunday, May 18, 2014

Phone Crazy





Have you ever had the experience of walking into the office, phones ringing, customers at the counter, questions being thrown from one end to the other? I am sure most of you have had that experience, right.

Ok, now the fun part; things settle down just a bit and you have some phone calls to make, you reach for the phone….What the Heck!?! They have switched my phone! My numbers are backwards or descending the wrong way.

Now I do not know if you have ever experienced this, but let me tell you that it is quite a shock to the system. Not to mention, it makes me stop….really think about what I am looking at…and sometimes, having to ask someone to come look at my keys.

It will take me a little while to get used to the new format and it goes really slow for a while, until I re-learn this new phone.

Ok, I have to admit it, no one changed my phone. My brain did though, and luckily it does not do it often, or at least I can recognize what I am seeing and make the mental adjustment before it gets too far down my brain stem to convince me that it’s real and I literally do have to re-learn the phone pattern.

Now I was around during the rotary type phone and while I have not used these for the whole part of my 47 years, I have managed it most of my life. It does sound crazy, but it happens more than I want. That’s Dyslexia for you.

Has this ever happened to you?



0 comments:

Contact Me


If you are interested in contributing to this blog, have comments or questions email me: andergraph@gmail.com


Translate